One of the trendiest new styles to hit floor and decor is to paint the ceiling. Perhaps you’re thinking it’s a little too eccentric, but when done correctly, the ceiling is breathtaking. Painting the ceiling not only adds height to low spaces, but gives a cozy atmosphere to drafty and large rooms. This new style is one of the most sophisticated trends available, more professional and top designers as well as home owners are embarking on this revolutionary technique and style to bring more character and personality to your home.
Preparatory Elements for Painting the Ceiling
- The first thing to do is assess your space and be honest with its shape. Your floor and decor style are both important because they reflect each other. Therefore, if the space is narrow and tall, you want to go with a darker color. If the room space is small and low, you need a bright color to give it more volume.
- Second, the floor and decor should match or complement each other. Depending on the style and coloring of your floor or carpet, use that color as a guide when choosing the right shade for your ceiling.
- Completely clear out the space before any painting is done. Because you are working with the ceiling, chances of mistakes or small paint splatters are highly possible, so proceed with caution.
- Wear comfortable old clothes before getting started.
- Make sure to have various paint brushes, roll on extensions, primer, and border tape to ensure that you don’t get any paint on the walls or in areas that you didn’t intend to paint.
How to Paint the Ceiling
- Make a border of tape around the room where the wall and the ceiling meet, and secure the tape.
- Mix the primer and begin to cover the entire ceiling. Primer works great because it blocks stains and marks from appearing through the paint so that you only have to perform one coat of paint to complete the job.
- Once dry, mix your paint and begin to thinly and evenly apply. Use the brush for the corners and tight spaces, but the long roll on for the open ceiling area.
- To get even more creative, you can use tape to mark large squares in the ceiling so that when you paint and remove tape, you’ll have white borders.
Once the paint has set, the room will have a new visually stunning appearance that you and all of your new guests will simply adore. With the advice and direction given to you by floor and decor, you will have successfully added character to a once dull space, and your room will now reflect your sophisticated personality.Read More